Thank you for inquiring about Bass Christian Elementary. Early application is highly encouraged.
We recognize that each child is unique, with special qualities and needs. Our goal is to help them each find their individual path to reaching their full potential. Accordingly, we subscribe to the Seventh-day Adventist church’s educational philosophy, which is based on a developmental approach to learning. It entails the assessment and class placement of each child through formal testing and observation, as well as letters of recommendation. Each child’s developmental (social, emotional, physical, and academic) and chronological ages are considered
Recognizing that all mankind are children of God, BCE will admit students of any race, color, or ethnic origin. Bass Christian Elementary is open to students of good moral character who respect the rights and property of others, who are willing to wholeheartedly observe all regulations of the school, and who are committed to faithful completion of academic requirements. All pupils are expected to use language befitting a follower of Christ.
1. Any child applying for admission to first grade must be at least six (6) years of age by August 15 of the year of application.
2. All students must provide BCE with a current Mississippi Health Department Immunization Record (Form 121) before the student enters school.
3. All new students, and those entering the fourth and seventh grade, must have a medical examination and provide BCE with a completed medical form (obtained from BCE). Physical examinations are required before September 1.
4. A copy of the birth certificate is to be submitted at the time of the first application or admittance.
5. Any child transferring to BCE from another school including a homeschool will be required to present a complete transcript of the previous year's schoolwork.
6. Parents must make special arrangements with the School Board if their previous year's account is not paid in full in order to register their student.
$290 per month for 10 months.
Families with more than one child attending BCES may receive a 10% tuition discount for each additional student.
$280 due on or before Registration Day (non-refundable)
Partnering for Eternity
BCE, in partnership with Southern Adventist University’s PFE grant program, has the opportunity to offer unique tuition assistance to our students. Through this service-oriented scholarship program, our participating students are paired with elderly adults in our community in a mutually-beneficial way.
Students in the PFE program, along with their parents, bring joy to the lives of senior citizens through fun activities such as visiting, reading, and playing games. When appropriate, they may also provide light housework. As the young people build generational bridges and learn the value of service, they also benefit from the wisdom and mentorship of the older adults. In the process, their time together helps finance the student’s Christian education.
For more information, download this flyer.
Frequently asked questions